- ENGL 1010: English Composition I. Introduces students to the critical thinking, reading, writing, and rhetorical skills required in the college/university and beyond, including citation and documentation, writing as a process, audience awareness; and writing effective essays.
The course utilizes a scaffolding approach as well as cross-curricular resources and assignments to focus the course around a central theme: Socio-Political Themes in Pop Culture. All resources are OER, including the integration of textbooks: Waymaker: Introduction to College Composition by Lumen and Media, Society, Culture, and You by Mark Poepsel. As well, assorted media sources are utilized, including video (documentaries, interviews, lectures, films), photography, and social media apps.
- Literature and Composition
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Assessment, Diagram/Illustration, Full Course, Homework/Assignment, Lecture Notes, Module, Reading, Teaching/Learning Strategy, Textbook
- Alyson Blythe
- LOUIS: The Louisiana Library Network
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.