These PowerPoint presentations are modified versions of the textbook PowerPoint presentations. They are designed to be used along with the Concepts of Biology by Rice University textbook. They are very similar to the textbook PowerPoint presentations, however, some material has been cut out, some illustrations have been added and the sequencing may be slightly different than in the textbook.
- 2. Analyze the characteristics and properties of life.
- 3. Explain the structure of atoms and how they form chemical bonds.
- 5. Name all major parts and their functions of a typical cell.
- 9. Explain the structure/function of DNA.
- 1. Explain and apply the scientific method.
- 4. List the four macromolecules, describe each and explain their function/importance.
- 6. Explain the steps of cellular respiration and photosynthesis, as well as purposes.
- 7. Compare/contrast the different types of cell division and explain why we need different types of cell division.
- 8. Describe the different types of genetic inheritance and give examples.
- 10. Explain the process of protein synthesis.
- 11. Explain how technology has affected biological advances.
under license"Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike"