Which of the following structures is not found in bryophytes?
- a cellulose cell wall
Stomata appear in which group of plants?
The chromosome complement in a moss protonema is:
- varies with the size of the protonema
Why do mosses grow well in the Arctic tundra?
- They grow better at cold temperatures.
- They do not require moisture.
- They do not have true roots and can grow on hard surfaces.
- There are no herbivores in the tundra.
A botanist travels to an area that has experienced a long, severe drought. While examining the bryophytes in the area, he notices that many are in the same life-cycle stage. Which life-cycle stage should be the most common?