What is used to determine phylogeny?
- evolutionary history
- organisms on earth
What do scientists in the field of systematics accomplish?
- discover new fossil sites
- organize and classify organisms
- name new species
- communicate among field biologists
Which statement about the taxonomic classification system is correct?
- There are more domains than kingdoms.
- Kingdoms are the top category of classification.
- Classes are divisions of orders.
- Subspecies are the most specific category of classification.
On a phylogenetic tree, which term refers to lineages that diverged from the same place?
- sister taxa
- basal taxa
- rooted taxa
- dichotomous taxa