Control of gene expression in eukaryotic cells occurs at which level(s)?
- only the transcriptional level
- epigenetic and transcriptional levels
- epigenetic, transcriptional, and translational levels
- epigenetic, transcriptional, post-transcriptional, translational, and post-translational levels
Post-translational control refers to:
- regulation of gene expression after transcription
- regulation of gene expression after translation
- control of epigenetic activation
- period between transcription and translation
How does the regulation of gene expression support continued evolution of more complex organisms?
- Cells can become specialized within a multicellular organism.
- Organisms can conserve energy and resources.
- Cells grow larger to accommodate protein production.
- Both A and B.