- Preface: "The Garde Manger course is an introduction to the art and craft of the cold kitchen. It is rooted in preservation methods and techniques dating back to the days when the Garde Manger or 'keeper of the food' had no refrigeration and needed to preserve food for its wholesomeness. Techniques such as aspics and terrines are making a resurgence in the modern kitchen and a good foundation is important for you to be able to create your own niche as a modern chef. First, learn the old then redefine the new."
This text was created for CULA 230: Garde Manger at the Chef John Folse Culinary Institute at Nicholls State University.
- Culinary Arts
- Material Type:
- William Thibodeaux, Marshall Welsh
- LOUIS: The Louisiana Library Network
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.
This book was authored by Chef Marshall Welsh CEC.