LOUIS OER Commons Intellectual Property Rights Policy
Date last updated: 08/19/19
The LOUIS OER Commons (LOUIS OERC) Platform is a dynamic digital library and network hosted by the Institute for the Study of Knowledge Management in Education (“ISKME”) on behalf of The Louisiana Board of Regents - LOUIS: The Louisiana Library Network, with offices at 1201 N. Third St., Suite 6-200, Baton Rouge, LA, 70802. By using LOUIS OERC, you are agreeing to comply with prevailing United States laws regarding copyright and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). LOUIS also complies with the DMCA, and has designated an agent to receive notices regarding intellectual property infringement. If you believe a user of the LOUIS OERC Platform has infringed your intellectual property rights, we encourage you to contact us using the procedure outlined below.
Procedure for Reporting Intellectual Property Infringement:
It is LOUIS’s policy to (i) block access to or remove any content (including, without limitation, educational materials, text, graphics, and/or photos) (collectively, "Content") that it believes in good faith to infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties following receipt of a compliant notice; and (ii) remove and discontinue service to repeat infringers.
If you believe that Content residing on or accessible through the LOUIS OERC Platform constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please send a notice of infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
- Identification of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed on or through the LOUIS OERC Platform, including the registration number(s) for any such material if applicable;
- Identification of the Content that you claim has infringed on the identified copyrighted work or other intellectual property, including (i) a description of how the material in question is using the copyrighted work or other intellectual property in a way that constitutes infringement, and (ii) a description of where the material in question is located on or in the LOUIS OERC Platform, with sufficient detail that we may verify the existence of the material within the LOUIS OERC Platform (e.g., a precise URL);
- Your contact information, including your full name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property is not authorized by the rights owner, its agents, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information provided in your notice is accurate and that you are the rights holder or are authorized to act on behalf of the rights holder; and
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the rights holder.
Without the information listed above, LOUIS OERC may not be able to act on your complaint promptly, or at all. Please note that any information provided in connection with an intellectual property complaint will be forwarded to the Registered User whose Content has been removed or disabled, so that they may contact you directly to discuss your concerns.
Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is Received by the Designated Agent:
It is LOUIS’s policy:
- to remove or disable access to the allegedly-infringing Content;
- to notify the Registered User whose Content has been removed or disabled; and
- that repeat offenders will have their allegedly-infringing Content removed from the Service and that LOUIS will terminate such repeat offenders’ access to the Service.
If you know or have reason to believe there has been a violation of this Intellectual Property Right Policy, please contact the LOUIS OERC webmaster via a ticket:
https://help.louis.oercommons.org/support/tickets/new, providing the above listed information. The absence of such information may render LOUIS OER unable to act upon your report of violation.